Custom CSS/Themes

well it seems that the answer is that the margin of the timeline was blocking the reply-to-tag anchor so that you couldn’t hover or click on it, removing that rule immediately fixed it for me

it looks bad though :confused:

1 Like

oh you cant even select anything when the timeline is on top of it, interesting

i havent looked too closely at how everything on this site is styled but i assume you want to find a different way to move the timeline to the right. maybe it’s because the div it’s in has a relative position? im probably overlooking something obvious but :woman_shrugging:

.topic-timeline {
    /* Most important to get right.  330px margin for 1500px width works fine.  400px for 1800px works fine. */
    position: absolute;
    left: 330px;
}

this works for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the original post to have appropriate defaults for normal zoom rather than my personal settings

Trying to select posts that have the new Table of Contents feature is more difficult than I thought. Remounting the TOC was easy.

html preceding LLD's playing mafia post
<div class="topic-body clearfix">
	<div class="topic-meta-data">
		<div class="names trigger-user-card">
			<span class="first full-name">
				<a href="/u/LadyLambdadelta" data-user-card="LadyLambdadelta">Lady Lambdadelta</a>
			</span>
			<span class="user-title">Cat in a Rage</span>
		</div>
		<div class="post-infos">
			<div class="post-info edits">
				<a class="heatmap-low" title="post last edited on Jun 23, 2019 11:02 am" href="#">14 
					<svg class="fa d-icon d-icon-pencil-alt svg-icon svg-node" aria-hidden="true">
					<use xlink:href="#pencil-alt"></use>
					</svg>
				</a>
			</div>
			<div class="post-info post-date"><a class="post-date" href="/t/playing-scum/2622?u=tn5421" data-share-url="/t/playing-scum/2622?u=tn5421" data-post-number="1">
				<span title="Jun 23, 2019 10:02 am" data-time="1561302166699" data-format="tiny" class="relative-date">2h</span></a>
			</div>
			<div class="read-state read" title="Post is unread">
				<svg class="fa d-icon d-icon-circle svg-icon svg-node" aria-hidden="true">
				<use xlink:href="#circle"></use></svg>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
	<div class="regular contents d-toc-regular">
		<div class="cooked inline-footnotes d-toc-cooked">
			<span class="d-toc-toggle" style="display: inline;">
            	<svg class="fa d-icon d-icon-align-left svg-icon svg-string" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
           		<use xlink:href="#align-left"></use></svg> table of contents
            </span>
            <div data-theme-toc="true"> 
            </div>

I need to target ONLY POSTS with toc enabled in order to modify their width value. It needs to be smaller than other posts but not by too much so that the Table of Contents can be expanded appropriately / aka kept human readable

This has been solved with the help of @Urist
many thanks

1 Like

reduce the gap between the 2 columns on the mainpage:

.categories-and-latest div.column.categories, .categories-and-top div.column.categories {
	/* We cut the middle margin in half.  The default is 2em */
    margin-right: 1em;
}

I also changed the left margin from 25px to 10px, you might be interested in doing so as well.

#main-outlet {
	/* Margin-left changed to 10px.  max-width  1800px for no zoom, 1500px for 120% zoom */
	margin-left: 10px;
	max-width: 1700px;

I tweak these numbers a lot. I use most of the web at 110% zoom.

1 Like

Can I ask something?
There is a width problem in a site I use and I change it from 0 to 1000 but everytime I restart the site it is 0 again how do I like save it

if you use an extension like stylus it will preserve your changes.

avoid stylish as it sells your data

@tn5421 we’re going to stop sorting themes other than a basic light and dark one at some point in the next month as the ui goes through some changes. If there are elements of the material design css you like you might want to save them independently. We may bring back in future if I have time to support.

1 Like

I was using it to distinguish between my main and hydra account. Since I’m not using the hydra account anymore, I don’t need it.
And if it comes to it, I can use, ugh, light theme.