Compromise R1

i mean in general for mafia-esque games

like the point is that you have to deduce 2 people which leaves more room for error

%50 time people will lie about alignment %50 time people wont so you never know who to vote

with this argument you don’t know who to vote d1 ever in any game

like if you remove the premise that you can read people from social deduction games then :thinking:

1 Like

It’s not bad for a 3p setup. It’s just that having less than 5 people warps the game in undesirable ways.
You found a way to mitigate somewhat, but the core problem is still present.

Whats the core problem?

You cannot gain hard information (flips, pr results usually) to go with your soft information (reads, meta, day play)

Whether that’s a feature or a bug depends on the person. There’s a significant chunk of mafia players who only play flipless and hate games with flips. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway I tested this out with various people irl over the last week and it was overall a hit. (Including for someone that dislike “normal” mafia). Will keep running for the people that prefer this sort of setup.

1 Like

I personally feel like flipless/small game modes should be chat-mafia only. This may be a minority opinion.

the largest video mafia community plays 15p flipless

But yeah (I didn’t design this one btw @Flavor did).

I think the downside is actually that you can make 2 correct deductions and lose (like DS did here I think) and I have a few more experiments to change that. But this type of thing just in general has a couple of things that make it super good to look at (namely attractive to players new to the genre and quick to start and finish).

Game is fine, GTacc is a game throwing account and didnt take the time to think things through before throwing a vote down.

I knew that Dan was town there but I was already fucked.

2 Likes

I could argue about this all day.

I am NOT saying:
don’t run this setup
this is a bad setup

I am saying:
lower than 5p setups require special mechanics to be playable
the mechanics mentioned above warp the game in various ways, which some purist autists like myself don’t like.
This setup is probably the best that we can do with a 3p setup, and is, in fact, better than ss3.

1 Like

yeah being punished super hard for other people’s errors is the core problem imo

I really like this setup fwiw and I think had Gtacc not put down that vote we win the game there.

Gotya - I was mainly disagreeing with the worse than ss3 part (I thought you agreed when you requoted!) Since I feel like that tests a lot less.

1 Like

I wasn’t paying attention to the order in which I quoted. The order should be reversed.

I think Compromise is more of a serious game fwiw, you cant just throw votes down which is the issue

1 Like