Big Ass Yacht (NSIMI Game B)

Irrespective of your home forum, I’m certain that most (if not all) of you have already heard of me. Nevertheless, allow me to introduce myself. When I sign up for a game, people generally pray they roll the same alignment as me. The moderator of this very game once fearvigged me d1, under the (correct) assumption that I would trounce the game if I had been scum. I’m almost never nightkilled by mafia, simply because they enjoy playing with (and learning from!) me so much. I boast the highest winrate not only of users whose names start with U, but of those who end in T as well. My name is Urist, and I am the best mafia player on this site.

Many, many people (legions really) have tried to get me to write a guide on how to play this game. Until now, I haven’t had the time. I usually put my utmost into everything I do offsite as well as onsite; it’s part of what makes me such an incredible player! And that’s why I didn’t want to write one of these until I had a few hours to dedicate to it. Luckily for all of you, I happened to have some time this evening!

So, without further ado, here’s the long-awaited Urist’s Guide to Playing Mafia! If you have any questions, please save them until you’ve finished the entire post; some things that do not seem clear to you at the beginning might crystallize as you continue reading.

RULE ONE: Vote for scum

This seems like it might be an obvious thing to do, but a lot of people simply cannot grasp this concept and end up voting for town instead. I urge you to hold this rule in the forefront of your mind as you play this game, so that you might increase your odds of winning. If you feel tempted to vote for town, or if you feel like you’ve become lost in a mire of shitposts, simply glance at the votecount and check whom I’m voting for. Chances are, that person is mafia.

RULE TWO: Use your abilities properly

Again, this is something that seems to escape a lot of people. If you have an ability, you should try to use it in a way that benefits the town as much as possible. This means that if you’re a doctor, you should protect me. If you’re a watcher, you should watch me. If you’re a vigilante, you should kill my scum reads. If you follow this simple rule, your friends will soon be crying, “THIS guy knows how to play mafia!”

RULE THREE: Don’t throw

Ok, I know that this rule is a bit vague. But it’s definitely important! An example of throwing would be saying something like, “I’m not sure if Urist is correct here.” This is considered throwing on this site because it paints you in a bad light when I do end up being correct. Just imagine, I point out all of the scum on d1 and we lynch one of them, even though you object to that lynch. But then I die night one and there’s nobody left who’s good enough to realize that you’re actually just bad town. One thing leads to another and suddenly we’re looking at a scum sweep. The embarrassing thing is that if you’d just kept your mouth shut like a good little sheep, none of that would have happened and it would have been an easy win. So please, don’t throw.

In conclusion, if you follow the three simple rules above, you should be able to win, and maybe even enjoy yourself while you’re at it. :slight_smile:
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

6 Likes

@JaggedJimmyJay be sure to read the above, i think it might help you out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am the greatest Mafia player of all time; you bore me.

1 Like

I think Jay is town here

I also agree with Chess’s fatmo read

I don’t think Key’s posts are necessarily scummy

Low-temperature legumes, whaddya think them posts are instead of necessarily scummy?

1 Like

Me too

you know what they say, the fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

urist town for effort

if he’s scum he can have it

1 Like

honestly anyone who thinks i could be scum after handing town the keys to an ez win is an idiot

Doesn’t count because he knew no one would read it

1 Like

we both clearly fail that meaningless adage!

1 Like

nah i’m wise enough to subvert it
like super wise

what effort

1 Like

let me give you some props 451 for that “summarize this thread” feature. dunno if I’ll ever use that, but it’s neat

1 Like

I’m not inclined to concern myself much with Game A for the moment, but I will plop down a town read on Sloonei. Other people seem generally terrible at reading him, so it’s necessary I get this in here now. I know him better than any other player in this game(s).

1 Like

@Nanook are we allowed to ping people from game A? like if i wanna make a certain person my proxy in that game can i just ping them repeatedly with my thoughts
i probably won’t comment on the other game if nobody is gonna read it

Yes but don’t spam

@Nanook

2 Likes