Assassin in the Court
This theme needs at least 4 players, but can potentially be a lot of fun with a large amount of players. The story behind this theme: “There is a King with his Guards in the Palace, and an assassin is trying to murder the king but he has only one bullet. So he has to figure out who the King is and kill him, before they find him out and lynch him.” This theme has no Night Phase and someone has to be lynched each day (so there’s no “no lynch”).
To find out the setup you need for the game, it will always be 1 King, 1 Assassin, and the rest of the players are guards. You need at least 2 guards to play.
Host Difficulty: [Easy]
Play Difficulty: [Easy]
- King : The King can’t do anything but vote . He is the most important role, his objective is to avoid getting shot by the Assassin. King wins if the Assassin has been lynched or if the Assassin shot a Guard. He loses if he gets shot or gets lynched.
- Guard : The Guards know who their king is. A Guard can’t do anything but vote. He is pretty much the King’s shield, he wins if all Assassins are eliminated, and loses if the King is shot.
- Assassin : Assassin doesn’t know who King is. He only has one bullet meaning that he can only shoot one person. If he shoots a guard, he loses the game. If he shoots the king, he wins the game.
Sample role pms
Sample role pms:
- Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Assassin .
- You have a one-shot assassination attempt, which you can make at any point in the game (even after being lynched). You are forced to take this shot immediately after you are lynched.
- You win if you assassinate the king, regardless of whether you are lynched.
- Welcome, [Player Name], you are the King .
You have no abilities, but your survival is crucial to the kingdom. It is your job to avoid the assassination attempt.
The Guards all know your identity, but you do not know theirs.
- You win if you survive the assassination attempt.
- Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Guard .
- It is your duty to protect the King who is [Player Name] from being assassinated.
- You and every other guard know the identity of the King.
- You win if the King survives the assassination attempt.
I think the general consensus on this site is 48-72 hour day phases so we will go with which ever gets the most mentions