Assassin In The Court of The King - Signups

​Assassin in the Court

This theme needs at least 4 players, but can potentially be a lot of fun with a large amount of players. The story behind this theme: “There is a King with his Guards in the Palace, and an assassin is trying to murder the king but he has only one bullet. So he has to figure out who the King is and kill him, before they find him out and lynch him.” This theme has no Night Phase and someone has to be lynched each day (so there’s no “no lynch”).

To find out the setup you need for the game, it will always be 1 King, 1 Assassin, and the rest of the players are guards. You need at least 2 guards to play.

Host Difficulty: [Easy]
Play Difficulty: [Easy]

Roles

• King : The King can’t do anything but vote . He is the most important role, his objective is to avoid getting shot by the Assassin. King wins if the Assassin has been lynched or if the Assassin shot a Guard. He loses if he gets shot or gets lynched.
  • Guard : The Guards know who their king is. A Guard can’t do anything but vote. He is pretty much the King’s shield, he wins if all Assassins are eliminated, and loses if the King is shot.
  • Assassin : Assassin doesn’t know who King is. He only has one bullet meaning that he can only shoot one person. If he shoots a guard, he loses the game. If he shoots the king, he wins the game.

Sample role pms

Summary

Sample role pms:

Assassin

• Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Assassin .

Abilities:

• You have a one-shot assassination attempt, which you can make at any point in the game (even after being lynched). You are forced to take this shot immediately after you are lynched.

Win condition:

• You win if you assassinate the king, regardless of whether you are lynched.

King

• Welcome, [Player Name], you are the King .

Abilities:

• You have no abilities, but your survival is crucial to the kingdom. It is your job to avoid the assassination attempt.

• The Guards all know your identity, but you do not know theirs.

Win condition:

• You win if you survive the assassination attempt.

Guard

• Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Guard .

Abilities:

• It is your duty to protect the King who is [Player Name] from being assassinated.
  • You and every other guard know the identity of the King.

Win condition:

• You win if the King survives the assassination attempt.

I think the general consensus on this site is 48-72 hour day phases so we will go with which ever gets the most mentions

In. This is a fast party game. We can do it fast

1 Like

Oh yeah and ask any questions you have about the setup and ill do my best to answer it

Can the assassin shoot at any point of the game?

It seems tough to be assassin actually.

Assassin can shoot at any point, but loses if they shoot the incorrect person.

/in

in.
But want to mention that assassin can win if the king is lynched. Because unfortunately that is something that happens sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Really like this game, but gonna see how the first run goes. Feel like there’s a good chance it turns into the same shitshow that onuw did.

That is a good note tbh.

Assassin wins if the king dies in any way, but the game ends when the assassin takes his shot assuming the king isn’t lynched

MetalSonic
VUN
urist
Srceenplay

Less of a learning curve for this one I think.

To all the new players:

if you are a guard, you are trying to make the assassin think that you or one of the other guards are the King so he mis shoots. Be careful! Even if you lynch the assassin, he still has his shot! If lynched he must take the shot immediately with the game being decided in that instant.

If you are the king: FFS, act like a guard! All the guards know who you are, but they don’t know who eachother are - and neither do you! You know just as much as the guards do, because you know you are the king!

If you are the assassin, act like a guard! It’s your job to try and blend in while picking up on any possible hints or slips that the guards/king drop into the thread. You only have one shot so make it count! The more day phases you make it through the better odds on your shot, and don’t forget if you get lynched you get a vengeful shot to try and win the game!

1 Like

/in

I guess ill spectate cuz Im already over my game limit

I’m assuming this will go fast.

When you say “ can’t do anything but vote” is that literal?
Just a game of votes?

Not literal.

Well maybe it will be a little longer than I thought if we still need to sift through bullshiting

I think that optimal guard play is actually to do nothing but vote, that’s how I’ve always played it.

Optimal play is different than required play.

But yes, I agree that’s optimal. It’s also a boring game, but :man_shrugging:

ooooh /in!