2D3: Ray Bradbury Mafia Day 2 - Perfect Town Win!

2D3: Ray Bradbury Mafia

Host: fferyllt

As it says in the title, this game will be lightly flavored based on the works of Ray Bradbury. Flavor will have no impact on any aspect of the game design or mechanics. It’s purely for your (and my) enjoyment.

Players
GTacc
northsidegal
ellibereth
Metal Sonic
Riley Cake
pyx
Judge Mental
brassherald Smilodon

Alive

GTacc
tn5421
northsidegal
ellibereth
Metal Sonic
Riley Cake
pyx
Judge Mental
Smilodon

Dead

tn5421, Mafia Goon was lynched on Day 1

Day Start/End Links

Day 1 Final Vote Count

2d3 Matrix and role pms

Setup

A B C
Mafia Mafia Roleblocker Mafia Rolecop Mafia Goon
Row 1 Town Cop and Town Neapolitan Town Cop and Town Tracker Town Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2 Town Jailkeeper and Town Doctor Town Cop and Vanilla Townie Town Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3 Town Cop and Town Doctor Town Neapolitan and Town Doctor Town Tracker and Town Doctor

The Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role. The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goons and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

2d3 uses the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.

Roles

Vanilla Town

Welcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here (LINK).

Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name and alignment.

Day 1 will begin win 8 of 9 players have confirmed their roles.

Town Jailkeeper

Welcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town Cop

Welcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town Neapolitan

Welcome!

You are a Town Neapolitan.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Vanilla Townie or Not Vanilla Townie. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town Tracker

Welcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town Doctor

Welcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Mafia Goon

Welcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here (LINK), where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia Rolecop

Welcome!

You are a Mafia Rolecop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return “Vanilla”. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here (LINK), where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia Roleblocker

Welcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Rules

RULES (stolen/tweaked from Antihero because his are much shorter than mine)

1. Put your votes in bold like so Vote: fferyllt. Or use the vote/unvote tickboxes in the text edit menu. You can use shortened versions of people’s names but I need to know who you’re referring to. You don’t have to unvote before changing votes. I’d appreciate it if you put votes in their own line.
  2. Days will have a 5 (real) day deadline. Nights will last 48 hours.
  3. Once you are dead, no more posting in the game thread. I will give you access to the dead thread, where you can laugh or cry as you see fit.
  4. My color is blue. If you want to be colorful in a post, use a different color.
  5. Don’t talk about ongoing games here and don’t talk about this game while it’s ongoing anywhere else (unless you’re in the dead thread). This goes for offsite as well as at M451.
  6. Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with. The same goes for screenshots… Paraphrasing is ok.
  7. I’ll prod you every 24 hours of inactivity. If prodded, you’ll have 24 hours to post before I’ll start looking for a replacement. PLEEZE don’t make me replace you!
  8. The only questions I’ll answer in the thread are about public design and mechanics. If you have a question about your role, ask me by PM.
  9. If you’re in doubt about the legality of something you’re about to do, ask me. Questions are good. Modkills are bad.
  10. The most important rule: Have fun, enjoy the game, and be kind to each other!

Each game day will be in its own topic. You can click on the “rbm” tag in the topic title area to see all the game days.

No one died last night!

@2D3

Day 2 Begins!

FINALLY

sometimes the sky is red

oh forgive me Lord Ellibereth, for I have sinned

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.

Where is the rest of the thread?

Also I think NSG is jailkeepet and blocked judge mental so

VOTE: Judge Mental

EVERYONE

^^^ if you click on where it says “rbm” (which should always be present) you can access all days of the game. This is an experiment we’re trying. Thanks.

Based upon the game options it had to be either a Jailkeeper or a Doctor who prevented the Nightkill. I don’t know what you’ve seen in a NSG post but I think I’ve seen crumbs of something else.

waiting to sheep Lord Ellibereth to lead us to victory

Ellibereth wants smilo to talk about pyx.
smylo and pyx to talk about judge.
redflavor to talk about nsg
and nsg and judge to talk about all of the above.

So you still think Riley and Metal Sonic are OK?

At 2-2-1 (Metal, pyx, tn) Riley puts pyx in the lead at 3 (#145). Judge pulls off Metal, making it 3-1-1 (pyx, Metal, tn). Elli votes tn to 2 (#167), and NSG to 3 (#171) – that’s GTacc, Elli, and NSG on scum tn, tying him up with me, pyx. JudgeMetal then puts scum tn into the lynch lead at 4 (#187). Riley hops on the wagon late when tn is already going down.

I’m finding the center of that block solid town, especially while a pyx lynch was still a viable avenue. So, I’ve got Elli, NSG, and JudgeMental as Town. Maybe GTacc too.

Now, sure, I’m asking you to take my word for it based on years of play, but smilodon and I are also town.

For me that makes the last scum between Riley (who tn put as his strongest town read) or Metal Sonic (who had been in tn’s corner all game, maybe too obviously), with an alternate choice of GTacc.